Main article content
Celebrating Your Success
Date: Dec 05, 2019
In November, Troy Accounting turned 3 years old. So much has happened since Helen set the company up in 2016:
- We’re now a team of 4
- Boo became a Director of Troy Accounting
- We’re an approved trainer with the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) for new Chartered Accountants
- We’ve met many experts in their field through networking, and we are now launching a brand-new business growth programme in March 2020 with some of them
We’ve done some practical things too. We try to make sure that the guidance we give our clients we also take on board ourselves
- We’ve revamped all our in-house systems and processes, so we spend less time on admin and have more time with our clients
- We’ve listened to client feedback and have switched to monthly payment plans
- We used experts in their field to help us grow because we don’t always know what we don’t know
It's so important to take time out of your business to make sure you're working on your business and not in it 100% of the time. This gives you space mentally to get clarity on what you are currently doing, where you are heading and where you want to be.
At the Hampshire business show in October, Helen heard a talk by Brad Burton, a motivational speaker. He had a great analogy about “getting in your car setting up the Sat NAV and setting off on your journey but then the Sat NAV stops working so you pull over, reset it and then drive on”
We can apply this to business and our personal lives because the journey isn't always smooth or an obvious straight line to reach your destination. There are sometimes bumps in the road or a redirection due to road works. As a driver we adapt to this situation and as a business owner you can do the same.
Don't think of changing business plans or trying something new as something didn't work, and therefore it’s a negative thing. Think of it as a celebration of realising something needed to change and having the confidence to do just that.
There is a great quote by Albert Einstein
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new
We are still learning at Troy as we grow as a business, evolving and adapting to our clients’ needs. We know it’s important at the same time to make sure we look after ourselves as a team. We try to take everyone at Troy on the business journey to our destination and along the way taking the time out to celebrate our success.
How will you celebrate your business success stories?